28/29 October 2014: Archimede Ricerche, part of the group, will join the workshop "Algae Biomass Novel Food" that will take place in Cascais, Portogallo, with a presentation by Dr. Silvio Mangini.
The Novel Food Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning novel foods and novel food ingredients applies to all foods and food ingredients that are to be placed on the market at this time. In particular, foods and food ingredients consisting of or derived from microalgae are explicitly mentioned. The effects of this regulation on the algae biomass novel foods are to be discussed at the Algae Biomass Novel Foods Workshop.
The workshop addresses the following topics:
- What is the current status of approval in Europe?
- What is the economic value of the algae sector at this time?
- Are algae a resource for the future?
- What is the Framework of Novel foods & Novel Ingredient?
- How are algae used in food and feed products?